Friday, November 2, 2012

Book Review: City of Ashes

Book Review: City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Book Summary: Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? Clary would love to spend more time with her best friend, Simon. But the Shadowhunters won't let her go-especially her handsome, infuriaring newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down the rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil-and also her father. When the second of the Mortal Instruments is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor suspects, Jace. Could Jace really be willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?
Syi's summary: Clary and Jace are now brother and sister. Though Clary hates their father, Valentine, but Jace follows him and sometimes even obey him. Jace's family, or adoptive fdamily, the Lightwoods, have kick him out of the house because he is Valentine's son and doesn't trust him. But them he came to Clary and Luke for help and came back to the institute to talk about the situation. He got put in prison by the inquistor two times and soon the inquistor just let him run around not being lock up.Though later on he betrays everyone and was helping his father Valentine, or that's what everybody thinks until they found out that Jace isn't Valentine's son also Clary isn't a huamn baby either. They wereboth experiments. Though later on Jave founds out about his real parents. Can Jace deal with the parents that keep on changing and chaning and does he love Clary?

Book RATE: 10!!<3

This book is also my favorite book or I should say The Whole Mortal Instruments series is my favorite. I just love ShadowHunters, Like Jace. Simon is a downworlder, he's okay, but Jace is awesome. I just love him. I also like Isabelle Lightwood.

I'm so happy that I finish this book in one day though I took so long just to finish this post. Since I got a lot of work to do. I also finish City Of Glass the next day and the review will also come next after this one.

Here are some of the quotes:

"I'm pure heart. It repels the dirt."
OMG! That is so like Isabelle.

"He was wearing a black T-shirt that said I BLOGGED YOUR MOM and a pair of jeans with a hole ripped in one knee."
SIMON! That shirt is just mess up.

"Maryse is an adult! She doesn't need reassurance from me."
 Oh Yes she does. Adult sometimes screw things up for young people.

"I can't afford to trust you, Jace. I'm sorry."
 AWWWWWWWWW! Poor Jace. got rejected by his apdoted parents.

"...opened the barred gate of the cell for him and ushered him inside as if he were a common criminal."
Nooooooooooooooooo! Jace. Tell them that you're right and they're wrong.

"You sent me that text message. You said the Inquisitor threw Jace in jail."
Yes Clary. The stupid Inquisitor threw Jace in jail.

"Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?"
What how mean, Magnus.

"You want Jace to kiss you?"
What kind of question is that. Of course not, Jace don't.Who want to kiss a old lady when your like 17-years old.

"I think I liked 'mundane' better than 'bloodsucker,' "
Of course you do. Who want to be a bloodsucker.

"Why can't you believe me Jonathan?"
Who wants to believe you anyways Valentine.

Well that's it.

Happy reading readers.













No comments:

Post a Comment