Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Review: Clockwork Prince

Book Review: Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Book Summary: In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safey with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institure. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street-and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
   With the help of handsome, self-destructive Will and the fircely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the sercets of the past, the trio journeys from mistshrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they ecounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister knows every move-and that one of their own betrayed them.
   Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing Will-the wall he has built around himslef is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
    As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.
Syi's Summary: Well the book summary have said everything that i want to say so I don'treally havea summary for this book. But Tessa and Jem arereally cute together.

Book rate: 10<3

This book is FAB. I like the second book better in the Infernal Devices. But can't wai for the third book that is coming out in 2013. YAY but the Mortal Instruments's Six book is coming out 2014. UGH! So long.Can't wait that long. Whenit comes to books. I can't be patcient. Or I think I spell that wrong but oh well.

Here are some of the fantastic quotes:

"James Carstairs smiled back at her, elegant in his dark suit, his silver-fair- hair whipped bu the wind. His other hand rested on a jade-topped cane . . . . . . . "
Jem is so awesome and Fabulous.

"Of course Henr was there, but he seemed to be taking a gentle nap on a pile of books. . . . . "
Hahahaha! I bet my friend would get bad at him if he's sleeping on her books.

" . . . let me feast upon your liver. I will tear it from your body while you scream."
EWWWWWWW! But Oh Well. They're monsters anyways.

"You are a shadowhunter...you are not afraid of death. Of course I am . . . . Everybody is afraid of death."
Everybody is afraid of dying.

"oh, by the Angel,Will, do be quiet."
He's so talkitive.

"She's a mundane-an Ascendant,'Jem said quickly.'Soon to be my wife."
OMG! Tessa is going to be marry to Jem!

"Get off me.'Will shoved at him.'You don't understand. Your family's dead-"
How Mean Will!!

"Jem is dying anyway."
What Noooooooooo Jem Don't go.

"Maybe if you were a better instructor, she'd be a better listener."
Yeah, that's right. You lousy teacher.

"I've never been in here. I was starting to imagine he slept upside down, like a bat.
Whoa, Will's room is messy.

"Ni hen piao liang."
"What did you say?"
"I said your hair is coming undone."
Wow! Jem don't lie to a girl that you love.

"Jem, stop! Your violin-your lovely violin-you'll riun it."
No Jem! Don't destroy the things you love.

"Ni hen piao liang."
"What does that mean?, she wispered."
"It means that you are beautiful."
OMG! Jem you should have told her before and not now.

"I am not your Tessa either."
Isn't that a little bit harsh to say to Will.

"And may I say that you dazzle the eyes."
What kind of brother does Tessa have anyways."

"God, I'm jealous of every other man who looks at you."
Yup he's a weirdo.

"I am brave."
Well of course, Will.

"Charlotte, please, not the Silent City! Lock me up in the crypt, give me to the Council, but please do not send me alone to that- that graveyard! I shall die of fear!"
 That won't happen if you didn't go out and betray to Clave like that.

"Torture him."
You should hebetray you.

"An entire carriage ride alone with Jem."
 Lucky You. I want to ride in an entire carriage with Jem.

"Wo ai ni, Tessa,'he whispered.'Wo bu xiang shi qu ni."
"I love you.
And I don't want to lose you."
How Sweet Jem.

"Tessa Gray, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
Jem <3 Tessa. Perfect Love.

"Yes, I will marry you, James Carstairs. Yes."
OMG! She said yes. Jem is going to be happy.

"I did it because I love you."
Oh No! Not another guy. Tessa ignore Will and marry to Jem.


Ok This is all of the FAB quotes. Some of them will have some Chinese in it. But luckily I know what Jem said.

Anyways, Happy Reading Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment