Sunday, March 31, 2013

Book Summary: Clockwork Princess

Book Review:  Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Book Summary:Tessa gray should be happy-aren’t all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan.
He needs Tessa.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa’s heart, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are engaged, Will is still in love with her.
The last words of a dying Shadowhunter provide the clue that might lead Tessa and her friends to Mortmain. But their small group cannot stand alone, and the powerful Consl doubts that Mortmain is coming. Deserted by allies, the Shadowhunters find themselves trapped when Mortmain seizes the medicine that keeps Jem alive.With his best friend at death’s door, Will must risk everything to save the girl they both love.
To buy Will time, the warlock Magnus Bane joins with Henry Brandwell to create a device that could help defeat Mortmain. As they all work to save Tessa and the future of the Shadowhunters that resides with her, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself-for in the discovery of her own nature, Tessa could become more powerful than she ever dreamed possible. But can a lone girl, even one who command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
 


Quotes:


 
“December is a fortuitous time for a marriage. . . “

 
“Is that your wedding dress?”

 
“You are in your wedding dress. . . “ (Will)

 
“Cecily was scowling at him. . . “

 
“. . . I don’t think Will can fight in that dress either.”

 
“But I would make a radiant bride.”

 
“. . . his parabatai slump to his knees on the ground.”

 
“. . . his eyes closed, his face as pale as paper.” (Jem)

 
“Ni shou shang le ma, quin ai de?” (Are you hurt, my love?)

 
“I don’t have years, Will. . . might not even have months.”

 
“The Clave has decided to release Jessamine. . . “

 
“Mortmain wants me (Tessa). . . In exchange for Jem’s yin fen.”

 
“In all the world, you are what I love the most.”(Jem and Tessa)

 
“You know I love to hear you play.”

 
“Jem, I will marry you whenever you like.”

 
“Tessa and I are getting married.”

 
“. . . leave me, and go after Tessa.” (Jem to Will)

 
“. . . you didn’t really have to throw that man through the window.”

 
“Wo au ni, Tessa. Bu lu run, he qing kuang fa sheng, wo men dou hui zai yi qi.”

 
“. . . he was burning up with a fever and snatched his hand away with a cry.”

 
“I think you will live to old age with Miss Gray. . . “

 
“He wishes us to cease searching for a cure.. . I have summoned the Silent Brothers. It is time to say good-bye.”

 
“. . . he could see that his parabatai rune, just over his heart, was bleeding. Jem was dead.”

 
“You are half Shadowhunter, half-demon. . . “

 
“You are immortal. girl, but you are not invulnerable.” (Tessa)

 
“My guardian angel.”

 
“. . . pure blue, surrounded by green grass. . . “

 
“. . . was up on her toes, her arms around him.”

 
“I want to kiss you one more time before I die.”

 
“. . . his silvery hair shone out in the dim chamber like starlight. The Silent Brother was Jem.”d

 
“She had become Ithuriel. . . divine fire of angels was blazing through her, scorching her bones, searing her eyes.”

 
“He is in love with Tessa.”

 
“Jem has only just begun his term of service in the Silent City.”

 
“About Jem and Tessa. . . their engagement is ended.”

 
“I am Elias Carstairs. . . Jem Carstairs was my nephew.”

 
“Because Tessa and I are going to be married.”

 
 
Book Rate: 10!
 
I wish I could give this rate a little bit higher though it might seem fair to the other books that I also love. But this book is fabulous. I nearly cry but didn;t Phew.
 
But anyways I was so sad when Jem was so sick in bed. And that stupid Mortmain stole all the medicine that would kept Jem alive. It's was so sad.
 
OMG! The ending was really great. I really like it. It was sosweet that Tessa name her one of her children James and Jem. I was really mad that Jem let Will married Tessa. I was like WHY!
 
At first I thought Jem was going to die when Charlotte told everyone that Jem made a decision and called the Silent Brother. So Hey: Spoiler Alert up ahead.
 
Jem turn into one of the Silent Brothers to be alive and see Tessa.

So yeah this book is really good. Everybody have to read it. BUt first you have to read the first two book first. Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince.

~Have fun reading~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment