Saturday, May 25, 2013

Book Review: Shatter Me

Book Review: Shatter Me


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Book Summary:  Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

Syi's Summary:  Juliette was lock in prison for 264 days. Her parents gave her away because of her powers that could kill someone by touching them. 264 days have past and today the soldiers brought in a new prisoner, Adam. At first she doesn't know him but then she starting to remember her past and wonder if that is the Adam that was in her school a few years ago. But then a few days later that Adam that was in the same cell as her was a soldier and was keeping a eye on her. Soon she met Warner the boss of the whole Reestablishment want her to be his tool for the war. For torturing people when they captured them. But Adam on the other hand is beginning to remember that Juliette was the girl he once like and start to help her. She was assigned to Adam and share a room with him since Warner wants her to be watch all the time. Later Adam want her to escape and come with him to a place that is safe from the soldiers and save from Warner. Juliette at first doesn't believe him until she is noticing Adam is gone and thought he was being tortured but he wasn't. The two of them escape but got caught and on a run again the second time and lost them. They went to Adam's house where he had a little brother. After a while someone came and all of them thought they found them already but it was Kenji's, Adam's friend from the field. He help them get to a place that is super safe and ended up underground. The people help cured them and offered them help but want to them to fight for them against the Reestablishment.

Book Rate: 10!

I love this book. This book is fabulous. It's fantastic.

I really enjoy reading it. This book took only a day to finish because I can't put it down and take a rest. It's that good. 

Juliette is a really stubborn girl and won't listen to anybody or answer to anybody if she doesn't know. Though I don't blame her for that since those people are up to no good.

Adam is a nice kind boy and help Juliette escape from there and took care of her. Well since her love her so much when he was little but was scared to go up to her and talk. But it was really nice of him to look out for her and almost rik his life trying to get her out of the prison.

But then I ship Adam and Juliette even though Warner will give her everything. Though her probably lie about that because he wants her as his tool. So Adam is the shipment to Juliette.

I have a few quotes:

"Because I'm in love with you."

"And he's kissing me. . . "

"His hands at my waist, gripping my hips, his legs flush against my own. . . "

"The taste of his words lingers on my lips."

". . . he's kissing me harder, with a  fervent urgent need I've never known. . . "

"You're my bird. . . "

"You're my bird and you're going to help me. . . "

"I've loved you forever."

"His fingers skim my shoulder, trail down my sihouette, rest my hips. . . "

"I gasp and he's kissing m, deep and powerful and unrestrained."

That's all the quotes I got.



No comments:

Post a Comment