Sunday, September 30, 2012

Book Review: City of Bones

Book Review: City of Bones

The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Book Summary: When Clary Fray heads out to the PandemoniumClub in New York City,she hardly expectsto witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-and keeping the old werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous,golden-hair Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane lke Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.....
Syi's Summary:Clary Fray was a ordinary mundane that goes to school and hangs out with friends like Simon. But things got worse when she went to a party with Simon her best friend. She witness a murder and met some Shadowhunters with strange marks on their bodies.After that first meet she then have a Sight,where she can see things mundane can't see.She starts to get invloved in some Shadowhunters work and went to the world of Shadowhunters. Clary got attack by demons and her mother disappearing. She also found out somethings that she doesn't evenknow, like that shehad a brother and a father. She doesn't remember her own memories of her past. She doesn't know if she is a mundane or a shadowhunter anymore. Things get weirder and weirder when found out that her own mother is a  Shadowhunter and so is her father, Valentine, who she thought it wasn't her father.

Book Rate: 10<333333333333333333


This book is the best. I really like this series even if I just read the first book. I can't wait to read the second book of this series, City of Ashes and the other books of the series. Ok Now that's get into the book part now.

So the Shadowhunters are really cool especially Jace Wayland<333. Simon is ok but Jace is Awesome like shining prince in golden armor! He's really cool. Simon is nice and kind but I don't really like him that much. Alec Lightwood is not my best choice of the boys, though he is very nice and take care of his siblings and Jace. Isabelle is also my favorite Shadowhunter. But she her cook is awful just as Jace said. eheheh. And also that guy name, Mangus Bane creeps me out. But he's not a Shadowhunter.

The story gets interesting and interesting. I think this series is my best series that I ever read. I really like Cassandra Clare;s books.

Ok so now let's get into some epic-ness and suspenseful-ness quotes of this awesome book<3333

"Meanwhile, Simon added, I wanted to tell you that lately I've been cross-dressing. Also, I'm sleeping with your mom. I thought you should know."
OMG Simon, what's wrong with you!!!

"I'm not really sleeping with your mom, you know. I was trying to get your attention. Not that your mom isn't a very attractive woman for her age."
Oooooo. Simon

"Simon, were you eavesdropping?"
Simon you're a bad boy.

"I have seen your mother in a bathing suit, you know."
OMG! what have you been doing on your free time SIMON!

"Pretty soon the only people left without a girlfriend will be me and Wendell the school janitor."
Awww, well keep trying.

"Clary heard her mother draw in a sharp breath before speaking, her voice eerily calm:  "I love you, Clary."
That was the sad part ever! I almost cry after reading that line a few times, but got a hold of myself.

"..had the same jet-black hair, the same slender eyebrows winging up at the corners, the same        pale, high-colored skin"
Well yeah of course they would have the same style since they're twins.

"But vampires are hot, right?" Simon said. "I mean, some of the vampires are babes, aren't they?"
OMG, not again SIMON. Just go and find yourself a nice girlfriend to have.

"Simon is the weaselly little one with the bad haircut and dismal fashion sense."
Hahahaha! That's so funny Jace<3

"Is Alec gay?"
OMG! I think he is!

"Children of Nephilim," he said. "Well I don't recall inviting you."
Whoa that was a just a nice welcome.

"Simon is not a dim-witted."
I think he is!

"He's not a rat. He's Simon. And he bit Raphael for you, you ungrateful cretin."
Aww, poor Jace<3

"Don't you know any Shadowhunters who have cars?"
I think Shadowhunters just fly or do thier magic wand thing.

"You're a werewolf."
OMG -_______-

"That Valentine was-is-my father?"
-________-Yuck

"Clary," he said firmly."This is my father."
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Jocelyn is your mother,Jonathan(Jace). And Clary-Clary is your sister."
~_______~ That was a prefect family well yuck! Jace and Clary kissed!!!-_______-

Well that's all the quotes.






No comments:

Post a Comment