Sunday, October 21, 2012

Book Review: Origin

Book Review: Origin

Origin by Jessica Khoury

Book Summary: A beautiful told, tantalizing new exploration of an age-old desire: to live forever...
  
    Pia has grown up in a secret compound hidden deep inthe Amazon rainforest. She was raised by a team od scientist who bred her to be the first of a new immortal race. Now those scientists have begun to challenge her, with the goal of training her on their dangerous work.

   On the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia stumbles across a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home. Free in the jungle for the firwst time, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Unable to resist, she continues sneaking out to see him. As they fall in love, they begin to piece together the truth about Pia's origin- a truth with nothing les than desdly consequences that will change their lives forever.

Syi's Summary: Pia grow up at the Amazon rainforest. Though she can never go out of the jungle. She live with a group or team of scientist that bred her and challenge her on things. Pia was always perfect because she can do things other human cannot do. She is also an Immortal, someone who live forever. But things starts to change when there is another woman coming in to help and her seventeenth birthday.  She secretly sneaks out of the jungle and to the outside world, which is forbidden but she did it anyways. In the outside world she meets Eio, a boy who live in a nearb village. Ever since she met him she been sneaking out everyday just to go see him and eventualy fall in love.

Book Rate: 9.8

This book is one of the book that I got from the Teen Read. I read the book summary and it was great and interest me into reading it so i got it and it wasrealy great. So I don't have to feel bad for getting it. :D Pia and Eio seem to be a great couple, though Pia is a Immortal and Eio is a human. But they are really great together.

At first when I was helping the librarian setting up the books i saw it and wasn't that interested in it, but when I read the summary I was like OMG! This book is kind of good. So I one of the two copy in the Teen Read. I was so happy that I went to the Teen Read since I got a lot of books :3  I LOVE BOOKS<3  It's like once I enter Middle school or I should say Eighth Grade when my friends introduce me to the world of library, I begin to read a lot of books and buying books from Barnes and Nobles. Hehehehehehe.

2 comments:

  1. I hated this book! lol Good thing that "beauty is the eye of the beholder" :-)

    Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! Well Pia and Eio do look good together though. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete